Did you know that ASDAN gives grants for educational purposes, especially where these help narrow the gaps in educational attainment between the better-off and the less well-off?
ASDAN is a charity and aims to run as a company that holds to a key vision and a set of values.
As a part of this, we have established a charitable fund, which provides grants to ASDAN centres to do things differently, especially those that help to increase educational opportunity and alleviate the effects of deprivation and poverty, both in the UK and overseas.
Grant applications for 2016 are now closed. The window for 2017 Grant applications will reopen on 1 December 2016 and close on 31 January 2017.
Grants awarded in 2016
The following ASDAN centres received grants in 2016:
- Oakfield Park School, Wakefield
- Wednesfield High School, Wolverhampton
- Black Country Wheels, Dudley
- Trinity School and College, Medway
- The Phoenix Trust (Milton), Cambridgeshire
- Stable Relationships, Telford
- Reynalds Cross School, Solihull
- Bright Futures, Devon
- Frederick Holmes School, Kingston upon Hull
- St Thomas More Catholic Academy, Stoke on Trent
- Acklam Grange School, Middlesborough
- Browns Plains State High School, Queensland, Australia
- YMCA North Tyneside, North Shields
- West Oaks School, Leeds
- Whiteheath Education Centre, Birmingham
- All Saints Church of England Academy, Plymouth
- Proco Nw Ltd, Wigan
- Mabel Prichard School, Oxford
- King Edward VI School, Lichfield, Staffordshire
- John Summers High School, Flintshire
- St James's Church of England School and Sports College, Bolton
- Iqra Academy, Peterborough
- Daventry and District Housing, Northamptonshire
- The Electric Palace, Walsall
- Learning Partnership West Limited, Bristol
- Caudwell Children, Stoke on Trent
- Ysgol Uwchradd Bodedern, Gwynedd
- Meadows Special School, Stoke on Trent
- Spring Common Academy, Peterborough
- Hillcrest School, Cramlington, Northumberland
Around £35,000 has been awarded to enable these centres to do things differently. Planned projects include setting up a school radio station; growing and selling fresh produce; visiting partner schools in Europe; and purchasing equipment for animation workshops.
The following centres have previously been awarded grants from ASDAN: