Public funding for ASDAN qualifications delivered in the UK
Many ASDAN qualifications are fully funded by the UK Government. We understand that accessing information regarding qualification funding may be confusing or difficult and have provided the following links to information that should help you.
Whether you are an employer, a learner or training provider, please visit the following websites, which provide information on the eligibility conditions for the different types of available public funding in the UK for ASDAN qualifications.
- Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- ESFA list of qualifications approved for funding 14-19 in England
- The Hub/LARS (Learning Aims Reference Service)
- Ofqual Register (confirmation of approved qualification)
- Post 16 further education funding information
- CCEA, Northern Ireland (Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment)
- QiW (Qualifications in Wales)
Free school meals
From April 2020, schools get £1,345 for every primary age pupil, or £955 for every secondary age pupil, who claims free school meals, or who has claimed free school meals in the last 6 years.
Looked-after and previously looked-after children
From April 2020, schools get £2,345 for every pupil who has left local authority care through adoption, a special guardianship order or child arrangements order.
Local authorities get the same amount for each child they are looking after; they must work with the school to decide how the money is used to support the child’s Personal Education Plan.