Customised Accreditation is a bespoke arrangement in which ASDAN will accredit and certificate a programme that your organisation has already written.
Customised Accreditation provides:
- added value to existing programmes, courses or initiatives
- curriculum endorsement by a nationally recognised awarding body
- opportunities to build links between the school and community
- an incentive for learners to engage with programmes
- recognition of learners’ contributions to school life
Who is this for?
Customised Accreditation is ideal for:
- education and youth organisations that wish to have their programme credit rated
- schools seeking a certificated outcome for existing curriculum activities
- organisations that work with a number of learners in more than one centre
- charities and voluntary organisations that want to encourage participation in projects
Organisations that use ASDAN Customised Accreditation include youth projects, adventure and outdoor activities, gap year programmes, finance education, sport, health education, work-related learning, emergency services and first aid.
You can find out more about the organisations we are currently working with on our Partners page.
Customised programmes are worth up to three ASDAN curriculum credits.
Learners who complete a customised programme can then use these credits towards the Personal Development Programmes (Bronze, Silver, Gold) or the Certificate of Personal Effectiveness at Levels 1 and 2.
Centres registered for Customised Accreditation have the option to use ASDAN’s Universities Award as part of their agreed programme. The course provides a framework to accredit a range of post-16 activities and career development activities through an activity-based curriculum. It can enhance the career paths and UCAS applications of post-16 student of all abilities, supporting progression to higher education or employment.
There are six modules with two sections in each:
- Active Citizenship
- Work Related Activities
- Career Planning
- Global Awareness
- Enrichment Activities
- Extended Project
Students are free to choose from these, completing 20-hour, 30-hour or 40-hour challenges.
To achieve this internally moderated, portfolio-based award, students are required to present evidence of their chosen challenges together with a personal statement. The Award will normally be completed through a combination of centre/classroom-based and external activities.
All student book, certification and registration prices shown below are per learner, unless otherwise stated.
|Customised Accreditation annual centre registration fee (per centre)||£1295.00|
|Customised Accreditation mapping fee||£720.50|
|Universities Award Customised certificate||£12.20|
All prices valid from 1 September 2019 until 31 August 2020. Prices are shown exclusive of VAT.
Organisations that register for Customised Accreditation are also entitled to:
- use ASDAN Customised Accreditation branding on their materials
- a listing and link on the partners page of the ASDAN website
- Customised ASDAN certificates, featuring their own logo
- access additional ASDAN services and support
For further information regarding the Customised Accreditation process, please see the Customised Accreditation: how it works infographic.