Training to support SENCOs and explore collaborative learning
The National Association for Special Educational Needs (Nasen) is offering free training to help SENCOs meet their responsibilities.
The one-day workshop, Collaborative Learning for SEN: The role of the SENCO, will equip SENCOs to offer a range of support and guidance to all staff. It will help them to start exploring the issues around effective professional development and guide them in planning to use Nasen’s new online resource, when it becomes available in Spring 2016.
The training will cover:
- The national context of SEND reform
- The recalibration of the roles of teachers and SENCOs
- Exploration of what collaborative learning for SEN looks like
- How to engage all staff effectively
- The need for high quality professional development
- Principles and models of effective CPD
- Evaluating the impact of collaborative learning
The workshop is free for Nasen members. Events in Manchester, Birmingham are Essex are already fully booked. Places are available at North Tyneside Learning Centre, NE30 3RZ on 23 October 2015 and BAWA, Bristol, BS34 7RG on 2 February 2016. Go to the Nasen website for further information and to reserve a place.