ASDAN ensures compliance with new data protection regulation
ASDAN is committed to ensuring that all personal data it handles adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force today Friday 25 May.
We take the data privacy of our centres and learners very seriously and have undertaken a series of actions to ensure any sensitive data we hold is protected.
These actions have included:
- conducting a full data audit and reviewing all of our systems where we collect and process personal data
- delivering training to all staff on protecting sensitive data
- reviewing data security and staff policies
- introducing a new message centre in our members area to ensure any personal data referenced in communications with our centres is protected
- undertaking an email re-permission campaign to give our centres more control over the information they receive from us
- appointing a designated data protection officer who is responsible for ensuring our compliance with GDPR
You can find more information on GDPR compliance by visiting our policies and regulations page.