New ASDAN qualifications will engage and empower learners
ASDAN is planning to launch new qualifications in September 2021 that will engage, elevate and empower young people aged 14 to 19 (Key Stage 4 and post-16 education).
Personal and Social Effectiveness qualifications, available at Level 1 and 2, have been developed in collaboration with our members and education practitioners and draw on best practice with regard to young people in greatest need.
Scheduled for launch in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the qualifications build on the success of ASDAN’s Award and Certificate of Personal Effectiveness qualifications.
Personal and Social Effectiveness qualifications:
- contain a wide variety of flexible challenges, empowering young people to take control of their learning, discover themselves, and build respectful and inclusive relationships.
- develop personal effectiveness competencies in communication, collaboration and emotional intelligence.
- support progress in English GCSE with a focus on building tier two vocabulary and reading and writing for meaning
- provide opportunities to apply learning in topics, activities and experiences that have meaning for young people
- feature a pedagogical focus on regular feedback to support the learning process
The new standards reflect present and future needs of learners, and support ASDAN’s vision for young people’s achievements to be held in high esteem.
Simon Lawrence, ASDAN Head of Development, said: “We’ve invested significant time with our members and incorporated the latest best practice in the creation of our new Personal and Social Effectiveness qualifications.
"The new qualifications will support learners to be successful in all areas of life, including attainment in other school subjects, further and higher education, as well as in future training and work.
“The content has been inspired by the success of ASDAN’s Award and Certificate of Personal Effectiveness, which have a proven track record in engaging and motivating young people in their education, as well as boosting confidence in core subjects.”
ASDAN is offering a series of training webinars this summer term on the new Personal and Social Effectiveness qualifications, ready for centres to begin delivery from September 2021. These are available to book online.
Sign up to receive updates and free sample materials
By completing the form below, you will be registering to receive news and resources relating to the Personal and Social Effectiveness qualifications. We may also contact you about related courses and materials that we believe will be of interest to you.