My Future My Choice
My Future My Choice resources introduce children and young people to the vast range of exciting opportunities available for their future, encouraging them to open their minds to a variety of possibilities and have the self-belief that they can achieve and be successful in whatever they choose to do.
The resources are designed to work in the classroom, the home and with business or industry visitors. They can be used to provide alternatives to the suggested challenges in ASDAN programmes and qualifications.
A range of My Future My Choice resources are available to purchase from ASDAN.
- My Future My Choice card game – cards featuring 56 jobs in 14 families with instructions for many different games and activities. Young people are encouraged to think not only about the jobs that are available now but what skills may be needed in the future. For ages 7-14.
- Explore My Future wallchart – pack of three A0 sized wallcharts and with 52 jobs stickers that match the My Future My Choice card game. Comes with lesson plans and guidance notes for teachers and classroom visitors. For ages 7-14.
- Explore My Future workbook – class set of 30 activity-packed workbooks for use in and out of school. Comes with 20 stickers to collect from the class teacher, along with lesson plans and guidance notes. For ages 10-11.
- Explore My Future worksheet – class set of 30 worksheets for a pupil-led research project for use with their family. Includes lesson plans and guidance on how to engage parents and use their feedback. For ages 10-11.
- My Future My Choice folder – information and guidance for tutors about how to run the My Future My Choice programme.
- Fast Forward movie DVD and CD – sci-fi adventure series with learning resources and narratives for ages 11-16. An additional DVD, An Entrepreneur's View of Skills for Life by James Caan, is supplied for free.