Celebrating alternative provision
ASDAN is delighted to sponsor the 2017 TES Schools Award for alternative provision and we are committed to recognising good practice in this critical area of education. This category is open to any standalone alternative education provider, including special schools and pupil referral units.
We are giving away free high quality resources (see below) as part of our sponsorship of this prestigious event.
Helping learners reach their potential
ASDAN's flexible programmes and qualifications are widely used by alternative education providers to help learners develop skills for learning, work and life.
Our Preparing for Adulthood programmes provide a curriculum to meet the needs of learners aged 9-16+ with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Our Personal Progress qualifications provide accreditation for students working up to and including Entry level 1.
Our Lifeskills Challenge eLearning resource has been developed for learners of all ages working from pre-Entry to Level 1 and allows schools, colleges and other providers to personalise their learners' curriculum and meet their individual needs.
Pupil referral units
Our Short Courses are our most popular programmes in PRUs, offering certification for 10-60 hours of work in a range of curriculum areas. ASDAN's Personal Development Programmes are also used by PRUs to provide an activity-based curriculum, developing young people's personal and employability skills.
Free resources for practitioners
The free teaching resources below, including worksheets and templates, relate to Towards Independence and Short Courses. Towards Independence is a programme aimed at post-16 students with severe, moderate and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
The Short Course resources are based on the top five most popular Short Courses purchased by PRUs during 2015-2016.
The resources have been selected from theOrb, ASDAN's Online Resource Bank, which is free to all ASDAN registered centres.
These resources were selected based on the top five most popular Towards Independence modules purchased by special schools during 2015-2016.
- One-page profile templates and guidance to support the Starting Out module
- Food storage worksheets to support the Meal Preparation and Cooking: Introduction module
- Cleaning products worksheet to support the Independent Living: Introduction module
- Social and road safety signs worksheets to support the Developing Communication Skills: Introduction module
- Weekly routine worksheets to support the Developing Numeracy Skills: Introduction module
- Work experience travel plan to support the Careers and Experiencing Work Short Course
- Feelings chart to support the PSHE Short Course
- Participation log to support the Sports and Fitness Short Course
- Animal handling session diary to support the Animal Care Short Course
- Comparing supermarkets worksheets to support the FoodWise Short Course