New Horizons Online Tutorial
ASDAN’s New Horizons is a PSHE and Citizenship programme for learners aged 9-13 with special educational needs. It provides a way to record and celebrate personal and skills development.
ASDAN has produced a training video for New Horizons, which can be viewed below. This video will give you all the knowledge and training you need to deliver this programme.
Please note: You will need Adobe Flash player to view this video.
- To provide an overview of New Horizons
- To look at how to build a portfolio
- To provide real-life examples of learners' work
- To explain options for certification
- To explore progression opportunities
What is New Horizons?
New Horizons is a programme of activities made up of five modules: Personal, Social, Health, Citizenship and Relationships. Key features:
- aimed at 9-13 age group (Key Stages 2 and 3)
- suitable for learners with special education needs, including those with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- contains activities presented as Personal Challenges
- 100% portfolio assessment
- accredits personal skill development
- offers progression to further ASDAN programmes and qualifications,
e.g. Entry 1 Qualifications in Personal Progress
Detailed information about this programme is available on the New Horizons page.