Preparing for Adulthood programmes
Who is this training for?
School and college tutors, training and care providers and other educators working with learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Our webinar provides training for all Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) programmes.
Upcoming webinars are listed below.
What are the Preparing for Adulthood programmes?
- New Horizons is an activity-based curriculum resource that has been written to support the delivery of PSHE, Citizenship and Careers/Work-related education for learners aged 9-13.
- Transition Challenge provides a framework for developing and accrediting independent living and personal skills for learners aged 14-16. There are two versions:
- Sensory (for PMLD learners)
- Introduction and Progression
- Towards Independence has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It features modules on Communication and Numeracy, Creative and Cultural Studies, Independent Living, Sport and Leisure, Citizenship/PSHE and Work Related Skills.
- Workright has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It provides a framework to develop a range of basic transferable employability skills. It can be used in a variety of settings.
Webinar structure and objectives
This training will give you all the information you need to introduce and develop the appropriate programme in your establishment. Practical details and case study examples will be provided by an ASDAN representative.
Webinar costs and timings
- £160 for first delegate
- £120 for additional delegates
The webinars will involve two sessions on the same day from 10am to 11.30am and from 1.30pm to 3pm.
Please note that bookings must be made five full working days before the webinar is due to take place. This is to allow for supporting materials to be posted to a nominated address, free of charge, ahead of the webinar.
Preparing for Adulthood webinars
In light of the ongoing situation due to Covid-19, we are running webinars in place of in-person workshops until further notice.
||Preparing for Adulthood
||14th Sep 2021
Centres outside the UK and Ireland cannot book on to training workshops via the website.