Preparing for Adulthood programmes
Who is this training for?
School and college tutors, training and care providers and other educators working with learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Our webinar provides training for all Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) programmes.
To view upcoming webinars for PfA programmes, please visit our training page.
What are the Preparing for Adulthood programmes?
- New Horizons is an activity-based curriculum resource that has been written to support the delivery of PSHE, Citizenship and Careers/Work-related education for learners aged 9-13.
- Transition Challenge provides a framework for developing and accrediting independent living and personal skills for learners aged 14-16. There are two versions:
- Sensory (for PMLD learners)
- Introduction and Progression
- Towards Independence has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It features modules on Communication and Numeracy, Creative and Cultural Studies, Independent Living, Sport and Leisure, Citizenship/PSHE and Work Related Skills.
- Workright has been developed for young people aged 14+ and adults. It provides a framework to develop a range of basic transferable employability skills. It can be used in a variety of settings.
Webinar structure and objectives
This training will give you all the information you need to introduce and develop the appropriate programme in your establishment. Practical details and case study examples will be provided by an ASDAN representative.