Lift Off is made up of three modules. Each module contains six characteristics that will help develop learners’ skills:
- Awareness: Strengths, Possibilities, Challenges, Routes, Information, Support
- Aspiration: Self-worth, Self-efficacy, Self-control, Purpose, Resilience, Determination
- Attainment: Planning, Communication, Self-improvement, Application, Collaboration, Problem Solving
Learners complete challenges to develop these characteristics and aid their progression.
The Lift Off structure infographic shows how the modules, characteristics and challenges fit together.
Resources and materials
The following materials are available to support Lift Off:
- Tutor resource pack – containing session plans for each characteristic, supporting resources and guidance for tutors. Electronic copies are also included on a USB memory stick.
- Student book for primary to secondary and student book for secondary – featuring templates for learners to record their progress and reflect on their experiences (one per learner).
- Packs of stickers – can be used at the discretion of tutors to show when a learner has developed a particular characteristic. These can be used on learners’ work or given as rewards.
Tutors can reward learners' achievements using internally-awarded certificates.
Certificates are available to purchase in packs of 30 and can be awarded at the discretion of the tutor.
Lift Off is easy to set up and administrate – simply purchase resources and get started!
Lift Off materials are available for anyone to purchase, regardless of whether they are part of an ASDAN centre or not, using our online shop.
Registered centres can log in to the members area to place their order.
All student book, certification and registration prices shown below are per learner, unless otherwise stated.
|LIFT OFF TUTOR RESOURCE PACK
|Lift Off student record book for years 6–7 (one per learner, bulk discounts available)
|Lift Off student record book for year 7 (one per learner, bulk discounts available)
|Lift Off stickers (optional, 18 per sheet, pack of 30 sheets)
|Lift Off certificates (optional, pack of 30)
All prices valid from 1 September 2018 until 31 August 2019. Prices are shown exclusive of VAT. For details of prices from September 2019, please download the list of ASDAN course costs for 2019–2020.