ASDAN aims to respond respectfully and effectively to all enquiries, complaints and compliments we receive, and provide outstanding service and high quality materials to our members.
ASDAN aims to ensure that:
- telephone calls will be answered within five rings
- emails will be replied to within two working days
- online workshop bookings will be processed within two working days
- centre registration applications will be processed within 10 working days
- orders for books or curriculum resources will be sent out within five working days
Complaints, Compliments, Comments
Enquiries, appeals, irregularities and malpractice
Any enquiries and appeals against assessment decisions should initially be discussed internally and, if not resolved, the Centre Co-ordinator should notify ASDAN. We will investigate your enquiry or appeal in accordance with our procedures for enquiries and appeals. Full details are provided in the Centre Guidance document, which is available to ASDAN registered centres.
Information for learners
If you are a student or candidate and wish to complain about something that has occurred during your programme or assessments, we will normally expect you to use the complaints or appeals procedures of your institution.
All of ASDAN’s quality assurance policies are subject to annual review and evaluation to ensure that they are fair and reasonable, and that we continue to meet our statutory obligations as an awarding organisation.
Equal Opportunities Policy
ASDAN is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity for all, and opposes all unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of ability, age, ethnicity, culture, disability, domestic circumstances, employment status, gender, marital status, nationality, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or social background.
To meet this commitment, we aim to:
- provide information that is sensitive to the needs of the widest possible range of users
- ensure that entry requirements, content and assessment demands of all our awards do not discriminate against any person or group, or create unnecessary barriers to achievement
- ensure access and fair arrangements for all candidates, including those with particular assessment requirements, while not compromising the integrity of the qualifications
- provide documents that are easily understood and accessible to all, and do not reflect biased or stereotypical attitudes
- act fairly in all dealings with centres and candidates
- review all products and services against this policy
- comply with regulatory requirements and publish information on policies and procedures for access arrangements and special consideration for candidates