Boost personal and social skills with redeveloped course
ASDAN’s popular Personal Development Programmes have been evolved to provide greater benefit to learners through an engaging and relevant curriculum.
This broad, activity-based course has a track record in developing learners’ personal, social and employability skills.
Aimed at students aged 11 to 16 who are working at Entry level 3 and Level 1, Personal Development Programmes motivate learners through a personalised curriculum.
The new Personal Development Programmes:
- boost learners’ confidence by helping them recognise and develop their personal qualities and abilities
- empower students by giving them ownership of their learning
- broaden experiences through a wide range of challenges
- reward achievement through certification for 10 hours of work upwards
- structure activities inside and outside of school with a ready-made curriculum
Redeveloped in collaboration with our members and education professionals, and drawing on best practice, the new Personal Development Programmes include:
- an increased focus on mental health through extra wellbeing-focused challenges in our newly entitled module ‘Health and wellbeing'
- improved measurement and demonstration of learners’ progress through a new skills self-assessment and self-reflection tool
- revised content and 31 new challenges
- a revamped student book design
Resources that make the course easy to deliver
A suite of new and engaging resources provide support for tutors, ranging from guidance documents for practitioners and how-to guides for learners, to differentiated recording templates and introductory presentations for the course and each module.
Learner resources are now available in Word, pdf and PowerPoint formats, increasing accessibility and enabling the production of digital portfolios if preferred.
"ASDAN's Personal Development Programmes have proven to be a brilliant way of getting our students engaged in learning the core subjects while gaining practical life skills and new experiences.”
– Shelley Evett, ASDAN lead, Inaura School, Somerset
Sample student book
Download your free sample student book (pdf, 2.3MB)
For more information and support on factoring the course into your curriculum planning, please contact our regional team.