Beliefs and Values Short Course
What is it?
The Beliefs and Values Short Course has been updated for 2020 and helps learners aged 13+ to develop the personal and social skills they need to play their role in our modern multicultural society. It offers a flexible, accessible alternative to religious education at GCSE.
The course will enable learners to:
- respect different beliefs and values, and how they contribute to a multicultural society
- gain an awareness of the impact that humans have on the environment and how to protect our planet
- become a responsible citizen and understand the laws needed for a fair and just society
- appreciate the value of peace in society and understand the impact of conflict
- understand how different religions express their beliefs through worship and actions
- explore the concept of inspiration from religious and non-religious perspectives
Read our blog by former RE teacher Susannah Harlow about why helping learners explore beliefs and values is more important than ever.
The flexibility of ASDAN's Short Courses means they can be carried out in a variety of settings, over a time period to suit the individual or co-ordinating centre. Challenge descriptions can be interpreted and adapted according to the situation.
This Short Course can be completed using the student book or is available for learners to complete online through the ASDAN e-portfolio system. Learners log in to complete challenges, record skills development and upload evidence. Tutors can view learner progress and sign off work, leaving feedback as needed.